Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March 24, 2010

Hey everyone
Hope that everything is going good. Texas is sweet, I love it here. Everyday we have more and more crazy things happen ha ha the people of Texas are for sure a different bunch but it has been really great. It is like 90 percent Spanish in my area and that is kinda hard cause it is for sure a different thing than I learned in the MTC but it has been super good. I am learning a lot more everyday and understanding a lot more of it ha ha I still dont talk to much cause you have to know what they are talking about to jump into to conversation so I'm mostly working on that. But I still testify cause I love doing that as you know ha ha ha. The field is a very different feeling. I can't really explain it but I like it a lot. It is harder than the MTC in some ways but thats life ha ha. I love riding my bike around all day and talking to people though it is fun. I might have forgetten sunscreen one day though ha ha ha but it is pretty much already gone. O it was so sweet cause on Saturday we went to the ward activity and it was our ward vs another and it was a soccer game. It isn't like Utah like they all have custom jerseys and stuff but we played and it was pouring rain and windy and super super cold once you stopped playing but it was fun I mean its not everyday that you get trashed at soccer but a 50 year old little hispanic guy but that is what they are good at and it was really fun ha ha ha. Everyday we meet some crazy people ha ha I dont have time to tell all of the stories but I am keeping a really good journal so people can read it ha ha. I love this work though and im working hard at it too. Tomorrow is temple day for mission conference and I'm excited. We have to get rides with the Hermanas everywhere ha ha they had to take us to the library then after this shopping and then to a park or something to play some games. I'm excited it doesnt feel like I get enough sleep out here cause we work so so hard everyday and it just isn't enough sleep but that is ok I didn't sign up to do something easy I'm here to work. Hopefully I will get my camera back tomorrow I left it in the president's wife'. van ha ha. Sorry not many pictures but that is ok I guess. I feel bad cause there is so much to talk about but not enough time to say it all but I'm doing great and working hard. We are in the process of finding more investigators now cause ours aren't wanting to progress so we have to drop a lot. Which is sad but we can't waste our time on someone that is not going to change and it is really hard to do but you have to. OOOO our baptist study group I got to tell you about this it will be the last story though. Elder Messick and his old comp knocked into a bible study group of these old ladies and they weren't like normal baptists down here they were like o I love Jesus come in and talk with us and they were just like super nice little old ladies and the week after their teacher wasn't there so they taught the restoration and gave them Book of Mormons and they were actually really reseptive so we went back for this weeks session last night and their teacher was there and she was teaching out of the bible and we backed up what she was saying with the Book of Mormon like perfectly and then she pulled out the wolves in sheeps clothing and started slamming our church and stuff and she would never deny that the Book of Mormon wasn't from god she actually said that is was but she said its just a good book only the bible is true though. It was really weird though but the BOM is a stone of stumbling and that testified of that. It was fun but I don't think that we are invited back. It was funny she would compliment us in english cause I think she thought I didnt know what she was saying ha ha ha. Well love you all have a great week.

Elder Archibald

No comments: