Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March 31, 2010

Hey
How is it going? It's going good here in Texas. I dont know how updated everyone is cause I think that people might be getting mail from the president? Not sure. But this week is our week of sacrifices, where we are giving up a lot of stuff and spending more time finding people. We are giving up a few days of language study and a lot of hours each day then we are also studying a few more specific things in the scriptures about the last week of Christs life. It has been good. Oh and today in the Spanish North Area we are giving up food too. Ha ha I dont know how good it is to shop hungry but I am about to do it. We tract for at least 4 hours everyday it's fun there are a lot of interesting people that we meet. We got to go to the temple this last week with this part of the mission and that was really fun. All but one of my MTC district elders were there it was good to talk to them again.

But about the people ha ha Houston is very interesting.. there is for sure a difference in how people act and what race they are. Not to be racist but the white people are kind of mean ha ha. It's mostly all of the white people that say IM BAPTIST and shut the door. ha ha but some have been very nice. Then the hispanic people will listen to what you have to say then they say o I'm catholic or baptist and then we keep telling them about our message and they take like a pamphlet with our number and set a return appointment then never answer their door ha ha ha but that is all of the negative we get some people that really want to change and are receptive and what we commit them to doing is hard so it is hard for a lot of people but they are great people here we always get waters and sometimes we are riding to our appartment for lunch and some members will say o come eat here and we get some spanish food ha ha it's good. I eat so much our here. I have a trick ha ha while my companions are speaking spanish to them I get more food and just keep eating ha ha ha just kidding but I do eat a lot. And bike a lot. So I haven't gained any weight at all. But I ran out of stuff to talk about. This library like makes me sick everytime I come in it I dont know if it is the lighting or what but when I'm sick I am not super talkative but I love you all so much and hope that you have a great week.

Elder Archibald

No comments: